Scantibodies Contract Monoclonal Antibody Production
Over the past ten years, Scantibodies has developed an efficient, cost effective system of manufacturing monoclonal antibodies on a contract basis. The following is a description of the overall system and procedures used when Scantibodies performs custom monoclonal antibody (MAB) production. There are two types of custom monoclonal antibody production: in vivo (typically in mice), and in vitro (using bioreactors). For cost, speed, and scale-up reasons, the in vivo type has been the most popular method of choice.
Custom in vivo monoclonal antibody production is accomplished using a wide variety of cell lines. At Scantibodies, BALB/c mice are maintained in a breeding colony with a population of 100,000 or more mice. Other strains of mice (Swiss Webster, CAF-1, ICR, etc.) are also available for antibody production. Custom in vitro monoclonal antibody production is performed in different types of bioreactors.
IN THIS BRIEF…
– Overview & Introduction
– How SLI facilitates all shipping procedures to ensure safety of the cell line
– The development of hybridoma cell lines since 1978 by SLI hybridoma experts
– Cell line optimization
– Prevention of cell line drift
– Contract IN VITRO (bioreactor) MAB production
– Contract IN VIVO (mouse ascites) MAB production
– How SLI offers multiple purification
– How SLI documents the details of quality control and production with an Executive Production Summary Report